![]() |
| l to r: Emily, Elijah, Jannie, Alexis, Nat |
What a delight to be able to fly down there and meet Alexis for the first time and spend time with the family. The flight had a delay in Calgary due to mechanical problems with the plane. I came in on the tail end of a winter storm that hit the midwest pretty hard. It was well after midnight before the plane landed in Omaha. On the way home the streets were pretty deserted except for the snow removal crews that were trying to clean up the snow before morning rush hour. I was glad to make it to their house, even though my luggage didn't. Eventually it did arrive on my second day there. I had a wonderful time with everyone, getting lots of 'oma' (Dutch for grandma) time in with the grandkids. Playing games all sorts :) reading stories and getting lots of hugs and smiles sure made my stay there very special. I am so thankful to God that I was able to do this.
I am also thankful that Howard let me go away for these 8 days. My trip happened to be during a very busy ministry week for him. And now he had to manage things on his own, which by the way he did very well, including officiating at a wedding. Good thing though that he still thinks that I am an important part of our team here, and it is good to be back home again.
The day after I came back from the States, I had my check-up appointment at the cancer clinic in Kelowna. The oncologist was satisfied with the check-up and blood test. My next check-up is three months from now. Thanks to God for His healing hand on my life. Please pray for relief of some of the side effects, like numbness in fingers and toes and joint aches and pains that I experience every day. In spite of the chronic aches and pains, God continues to be my source of joy, peace and strength.
"I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." - Psalm 9:1-2

No comments:
Post a Comment