Spring is probably my favourite season, if I were to pick one. There is something about the smell in the air as the sun is slowly warming the earth. Although not everyone would agree with me, as I found out in talking with another lady last weekend. She told me that she hates spring time. To her, spring is "nasty and muddy and the air smells rotten".
Isn't it amazing how one subject can be experienced in such different and quite opposite ways? To me spring is the promise of new life. I love to walk around the yard and see bright yellow green buds sticking up out of the soil. New life sprouting from underneath dead leaves. And the air smells sweet and holds promise of hope and life as the dead earth gives way to new life.
As we see the new season unfold, we are reminded again of God's unfailing love and faithfulness to us. We are given new life in Christ, through His death and resurrection. We read it in Scripture and we can see and experience it in His creation.
Thank you God for your great faithfulness!
Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun moon and stars in their courses above,
sing with all nature in manifold witness
to Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Great is Thy faithfulness, great is Thy faithfulness
morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
great is thy faithfulness Lord unto me.
No comments:
Post a Comment