It's almost here. Today we will be packing up the truck camper and take care of the last details in and around the house. It will be good when we leave the driveway to head out east. No more lists to check. We can finally relax and try to enjoy the journey ahead. We are looking forward to having a couple of extra days before staff conference to do a bit of sight seeing and stopping at points of interest along the way. After our busy summer we both need it.
This last week we have been working hard on getting things prepared. All that in between a couple of unexpected doctors and dentist appointments. A couple of weeks ago part of my tooth broke off, so I called the dentist right away. He was on vacation and wouldn't be back until this week. The voice mail stated that I could see the dentist on call in an emergency. If I chose this option I would need to pay $150 up front plus the cost of the treatment. Since it wasn't an emergency I decided that I could wait until my own dentist would be back. I was hoping that it wouldn't take more than one visit. Usually they book the first consultation to let you know what the damages are going to be and then the follow up visit for the treatment. I arrived a half hour early for my appointment and the waiting room was already filling up with people at that early hour of the morning. Oh boy this may take two appointments, I thought. I explained that I would be leaving at the end of this week on an extended trip. I was very happy when he said that he could take care of it in this one appointment. That was good news to hear.
Next we checked our medications and realized that we needed some refills to get us through the 3 months. When I called the pharmacy they told us that we needed to see the doctor before we could get the refills. Great, more time out of our already busy week. When I called the doctors' office they were able to fit us both in that afternoon since the doctor was leaving on his vacation too! We actually had a very pleasant visit with the doctor. Before he wrote out the prescriptions he thought it good to check our blood pressure. Howard passed with flying colors. I wasn't so lucky :(...blood pressure was pretty high. But then we have been under a bit of stress. Nevertheless, it's something to keep in check. So the BP monitor will be coming along on our trip.
Yesterday we had to drive to Kelowna. Another day out of our already busy week. But this was my scheduled 3-month check-up at the cancer clinic. No blood work or other tests were needed for this appointment. Just a chat with the clinical trial nurse and a physical check-up with my oncologist. Praise God all is looking very well. She was quite pleased that I looked well and that there doesn't seem to be any recurrence of the cancer. What a wonderful answer to prayer. I see her again after we return from our trip in November and after that I won't have to come back for six months! Oh and they checked my blood pressure there and it was within the normal range :)! That's good news.
Thank you all for praying, we are truly blessed to continue our journey together.
No comments:
Post a Comment