We also sang a song most of us have learned as young children. "Jesus Loves Me". So simple, yet so profound. I recalled a story I had heard about a famous theologian who had a tremendous grasp of the Scriptures. He had studied many years, and was a sought after speaker. One day, someone asked him what the greatest theological discovery he had made during his life. He thought for some time and finally stated, "Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so!" All of his years of study and meditation had left him with one indelible impression. The song he had learned as a small child, burned in his mind and the simplicity of this truth jumped to the forefront of his mind after he was confronted with this question.
As we were ready to leave we shook hands and many expressed thanks to us for coming. But I was the one who was thankful as they blessed me with their joy in singing and reciting Scripture from memory.
Did you know that we have a God who sings over us too? I love this verse in Zephania 3:17
"The LORD your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing."
No comments:
Post a Comment