"God's love, though, is ever and always, eternally present to all who fear him, making everything right for them and their children as they follow his Covenant ways and remember to do whatever he said." (Psalm 103: 17,18)

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Family Reunion

Johnson Family Reunion - August 2012
After 11 years we finally had the opportunity to gather together with our four kids and their families this August.  What a blessing to be able to spend time together talking, laughing, crying, singing, cooking, playing games and just hanging out.  For some of the grandkids it was the first time to meet cousins.

I am especially thankful to God that I was able to witness this wonderful event.  We had planned to do this three years ago, but our plans changed when I was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Having gone through that experience makes me even more thankful for each day that God allows me to live here on earth.  
 
Our family tree - Psalm 103:17
 
This year Howard and I celebrated 36 years of wedded bliss!  The kids surprised us with a picture of our family tree made up of all the names of our children with their spouses and all our grandchildren.
"But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children" - Psalm 103:17


No comments: