We are approaching the middle of February already. The snow is still deep around here, but recent warmer temperatures have melted a lot of the snow. The roads are bare, which is nice for travel. Had several avalanches coming off our roof in the last week. Each time its thunderous sound would startle me and get my adrenaline going.
I, Jannie, was sick the flu for 10 days. There is a lot of it going around and I was hoping to avoid it, but alas it got me and I was in bed or on the couch for most of that time. I am grateful to be healthy again. Howard started coming down with some of the symptoms, but is still functioning with the day to day activities.
Yesterday we had CTC (Creator's Talking Circle) again. People seemed to enjoy coming out to these times. We set up different craft tables and everyone finds something to do while the food is cooking in the kitchen. Lots of laughter and talking together, eating and celebrating community. Then we have a time of sharing and hearing God's stories. Last night some of the teen girls just wanted to sit and chat and make valentines. I have been praying about getting these teen girls together. So when I asked if they would like to have just a "girls night" making crafts and cooking together, they seemed very responsive to that. Please pray that we will be able to get together soon.
I have been putting together a small video with ministry highlights. I tried to upload it to this blog, but haven't been successful in doing so. But here is the link that will get you to the youtube version. Hope you enjoy it!
No comments:
Post a Comment